Friday, April 5, 2013

In The Presence of a Guru (or 2):

Today, I will be meeting two of the most inspirational Ashtangis and teachers/gurus in the world.  Sharath Jois (grandson of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois) and Saraswathi Jois (daughter of Sri K. Pattabhi Jois) will be coming to Charlottesville, VA to do a yoga practice and lecture on Ashtanga Yoga.
I signed up and registered today and, quite literally, had tears in my eyes.  These are the happiest tears I’ve cried in a very, very long time.
Ashtanga Yoga came into my life a year and a half ago at yoga teacher training. It was brand new to me and quite daunting. But I immediately fell in love with it. It changed my body so quickly, inside and out, in ways that I never imagined possible.  After graduating from “yoga school” I kind of fell off the bandwagon of my Ashtanga practice (that’s what having 3 jobs will do to a lady..oy!).  But, in the last few weeks, something has kept telling me to get back to it. So I started practicing it again at home, 6 days a week and remembered why I love it so much. I feel so strong when I practice, and it helps me work through my “junk”.  I’ve said for so long how I would love to study with Sharath, because I find him so awe-inspiring and amazing.  I always thought, however, that my only opportunity to do that would be to travel to Mysore, India.
And then, today, one of my girlfriends from yoga school texted me if I was going to UVA on Friday. I had no clue what she was talking about. When she told me that Sharath and Saraswathi would be there doing a workshop, I immediately jumped up and down, and started crying from pure excitement and happiness. I immediately signed up and registered for it.
cannot believe that this is happening.  Being in the presence of Guruji’s lineage is going to be so amazing.
This week can’t go by fast enough!
This little yogi is in a state of pure bliss and happiness and excitement right now.
Here’s the link: http://www.uvacontemplation.org/gurusongrounds

No comments:

Post a Comment